do you remember when you knocked on my door, sat on my bed in the room you'd never been in before, i sang, and we pretended like nothing would be different? we pretended like you weren't leaving, but my heart still sank.
do you remember how we banged pots and pans to the beat of the first snowflakes of the year. the yellow street lamps gave them life, and as they skimmed the ground, we stood witnesses of their first cry. But we didn't cry, we just smiled.
do you remember when i sat on stage, and sifted through the crowd to find your eyes, your hand over your mouth, your restless knee, your love. How my ribs overflowed, i had to look away, but i knew.
I remember when i looked to Thee, willingly. You gave me these. And I will not forget. Let me give, and I will live.
3 comments:
dearest julia,
You always are such a beautiful artist... such a composer...I love this...
it is so beautiful to find you here every now and then. I miss you... I miss you... I miss you.
me.
who is this about?
i have a hard time revealing this information to anonymous.
Post a Comment