I threw away two ragged pairs of jeans today. You know, the kind with holes in awkward places that you hope go unnoticed; the pair you've had since 9th grade; the pair you wear around the house, and unabashedly outside. Oh, the audacity. The pair worn to thin strands and threads, that upon exiting the house, your mom says you can't go out in. Mind you, this was a year ago. I have courageously continued to wear them. Until today.
I feel as though this is some sort of rite of passage- an acknowledgement that you are better than your hard earned holes....or it could just be the kindest thing I could do for society today. Yeah, I'm progressive and political. I think about society a lot...
With all of this said....I miss those nasty jeans that got washed along with a stray piece of gum and never quite recovered...oh, they were comfortable. But comfort rarely equals glamour, and who else is going to stand atop fashion's throne as the queen of glamour. Clearly, I epitomize all things glamourous.
I read somewhere that skateboarding is not a crime. Why are inherently sticky, thin, unflattering jeans so criminal? Clearly, I'm torn. I'll let you know when I'm ready to talk about it. Thanks for letting me vent.
No comments:
Post a Comment