Wednesday, January 6, 2010

ambition revived

i have a friend who is doing something really cool, really ambitious, potentially exhausting. The 365 Project. 365 days. 365 songs.

i am moved by her diligence and her discipline. seeing as i have completed a mere 2-3 songs in the last year, i'm resolving to write one song a week. much less daunting than 365, and still leaves room for school. 52. attainable.

every saturday by midnight i will post my progress and thoughts from the week's work. i will occasionally post rough sound samples of new songs.

my hope is that this will bring a renewed accountability to my songwriting and help me do just what it is i say i want to do when i grow up. wish me luck and check out the link to emily's 365 Project! it's a feat worth following.

3 comments:

Charlotte and Matt said...

So, where's the song for last week, huh? I'll be watching! or listening...or whatever.

Luke Williams said...

good luck! I saw that on Emily's blog, and was astounded. I'm worried about quantity/quality issues. Not that you and Emily aren't capable of being that prolific :)
I think your goal seems a little more manageable. Plus, you need it! I'm incredibly excited to see how it goes. I hope it doesn't become a meeting-the-deadline thing that just kills your desire to write even more than your studies already have.
Good luck!

p.s. does writing a song with somebody else count? I think we should write some songs together. I've never done that before, sounds fun. Just a thought.

Hope said...

Luke: WHAT?! Manageable?! What you talkin' bout?


Julia: i'm so happy! This is awesome! I love you and am thinking about you and sending good thoughts your way!