Monday, October 12, 2009

st vincent + andrew bird



okay, okay. i know i've been raving about andrew bird for months. i can't stop. there are worse addictions, right? that said, he is not the main object of my affection in this instance. it is the combined forces of the ridiculously talented cinematographer and music enthusiast vincent moon and the uncanny musical prowess of annie clark (or st. vincent). my friend ryan showed this to me. what a gift.

vincent moon's lablogotheque.net is incredible. the way he captures performances is beautiful. this one left me with a pit in my stomach, the excited kind, that wants to create and live and watch and make things that have never been done before. i hope you watch. it's a pleasure.

3 comments:

Charlotte and Matt said...

She is stunning... musically and otherwise. I really like how at times you can barely see her between the heads of people in the front. Very cool. I had Matt read your last blog and he says that you should most definitely pursue writing. You do what you want, but you are a great writer. You already know I think that, but I just thought I'd say it again.

I too, would often have the mail slot convo with Zackie Mouse about his lack of opposable thumbs. That would have come in handy a lot and would have spared the Clawson's the nearly daily visit from us. But who wouldn't wanna visit Dorothy?

Sorry I missed your call yesterday. I'll call you later tonight.

Love me.

Charlotte and Matt said...

um, i just saw the date when i posted my last (very long) comment and reality hit. i'm gonna be 27 in a month! so old!

Ann Marie said...

oh my goodness! this melted me. i've got a new crush. thanks for introducing me to her!!!!!!!!!! ahh. she's just lovely and magical and beautiful and haunting and talented and oh so amazing.