today in poetry class, i heard this conversation that was funny enough to write down.
"i just discovered uncooked tortillas. they are amazing. i got them at sam's club, which is in affiliation with wal-mart...but...i don't care. i would shop in hell for these tortillas."
i also heard this, courtesy of may swenson. i can't believe her, sometimes. i wish i could claim this as my own. mostly, i am glad to be graced by such lovely language. if i am ever eating tortillas in hell, i hope i will have enough sense to bring may's collection of poems.
Question
Body my house
my horse my hound
what will I do
when you are fallen
Where will I sleep
How will I ride
What will I hunt
Where can I go
without my mount
all eager and quick
How will I know
in thicket ahead
is danger or treasure
when Body my good
bright dog is dead
How will it be
to lie in the sky
without roof or door
and wind for an eye
With cloud for shift
how will I hide?
2 comments:
I hope you do eat tortillas in hell, Julia.
feel free to post more of these
Post a Comment