Friday, February 22, 2008

things to do when your landlord lives in deleware...






We have recently become familiar with various cleaning products for the two reasons posted above. It has been well worth it.

We are foster parents for 2 pups for the Cache Humane Society.

Bear (4 month old) is a German Shepherd, Black Lab mix. He likes to chew on anything within reach. What's left of our couch can be found at the city dump because of his little baby teeth. He tears the carpet off our walls (yes, we have carpeted walls in one room). He urinates when encouraged to jump off of high platforms...stage fright, I suppose. He is also balding. Luckily, he is the most cuddly sleeper and rarely bites humans. He is the most forgiving little creature, and luckily he's pretty cute too.

Max (9 month old) whose breed I don't recall, is a little territorial and likes to torment Bear by jumping up on Laura's bed and batting Bear's paws away when he tries to get up. Max was a bit shy at the beginning, but has warmed up over time. He often falls subject to Bear's young "mojo" and experiences head humping more than he'd like to, I'm afraid. He's such a good boy, overall. He'll lick your face off if you're not careful.

We're attached. Bear got adopted yesterday and one of us may or may not have shed a tear. Max is still bumming around the house. I think he's a little lonely.

I love dogs.

3 comments:

Mary said...

I told you I would find you tonight, right? I'm glad you like dogs. I'm glad there are people like you who counter balance the "pet free" people like me. :) It was fun to see you guys tonight. PEACE OUT!

Anonymous said...

Yay!!! You are proud foster parents... be careful.. you see where it got us...a curly chessie who sheds and loves all around the house!

Hope you are well... I miss you and feel like it's been way too long...

emily

Ann Marie said...

Cute pics! I love that you guys are foster parents for dogs!