Wednesday, October 3, 2007

boots...yes ma'am

 
Posted by Picasa


I bought cowboy boots. Second hand...and surprisingly enough, they don't even smell THAT bad. One may wonder what event calls for such footwear. Well, they cover quite the wide range which includes but is not limited to: demolition derbies, rodeos, WYOMING period, local fake alt country band concerts, and every day you're too tired to shave your legs (of course, it will take just as long to get the lovely contraptions upon your feet as it would a brief swipe of a razor along your shins).

These being the rather conventional uses of the cowboy boot, I now vow to find three other practical and rational ways to utilize said boot.

1. Way to get out of a date:
The aforementioned struggle to get your feet styling in these things can, at times, become rather fortunate. When creepy guy from down the street with the really squeeky voice and unwarranted cheesy jokes (i'm making him up, i promise...) knocks on your door to see what you're doing, come down with one boot on and tell him "It took me 3 and half hours to get this one on, and I'm only half way (proceed to wiggle your gangly, naked, unkempt toes on the other foot). I just don't think I'll be able to find time tonight." Repulsion is likely to ensue.

2.........okay, so maybe there aren't that many uses for these little pretties.
3.........but they are pretty aren't they?

I hold a very special place in my heart for these knuckle crushing, clod hoppers.
And suddenly, my once introspective web diary has made a pathetic effort at street style tips.
Bring on the criticism. Shoot.

4 comments:

Charles Edward said...

Finally, a way to rid myself of that creeypy, squeeky-voiced guy that keeps pestering me!

Anonymous said...

Julia, you are an old soul. You have a sage quality about you. I could see you marrying some 40 year old guy when you're 25... some really attractive, wise, Harrison Ford figure. I think you are well above me in age, anyway... regardless of what old guy your might end up with...

miss you

emily

Anonymous said...

Julia, julia! you are here... you are alive!

I think I sent you a very long email... did you get it?

I miss you terribly... sigh...

Anonymous said...

A)It's pretty much a miracle that I'm online today. and
B)So, So happy that I stumbled upon this place.
My brother had cowboy boots growing up, and I still have the scars to prove it. My favorite way of wearing them is with shorts and a jack-o-lantern sweater. Really brings those squeaky-voiced guys a runnin'